For over 150 years as a family company we have placed the greatest importance on quality and reliability. This wealth of experience, combined with the constant desire to improve, is our recipe for success.
The Hertling company was established by Emil Hertling in Berlin on 28th September 1865. When both sons, Friedrich and Albert Hertling, took over the business on 22nd July 1898, it was relocated to the current property in Berlin-Charlottenburg. The proprietors were named the Court removalists of His Majesty the Emperor and King of Prussia in 1910.
Already in 1919, following the difficult time during World War 1, Hertling was nominated as the official rail forwarder for the German state railway. Our railway furniture wagons could be found at many railway stations across Europe.
Our facilities were completely destroyed in 1945 during several World War 2 bombing raids. The work of reconstruction was undertaken by Emil Hertling – third generation of the family. This was completed in 1952.
After the end of World War 2 the brother of Emil Hertling established in Hamburg an associate company. Today Rolf-Oliver Hertling and his sister Michaela Hadeler are responsible for directing in Hamburg - fifth generation of family.
On 1st August 1961 a branch office was established in Frankfurt am Main under the direction of Friedrich Hertling – fourth generation of the family.
Michael Horn is today responsible for directing the business in Frankfurt am Main.
After German reunification in 1992, the company expanded in Falkenberg OT Kruge close to Eberswalde. The responsibility for this branch carries Mr. André Kroll.
On 1st of September 2009 an additional branch office was established in Düsseldorf. Klaus Döring is today responsible for directing the business in Düsseldorf.
Dr. Helmut Hertling and his nephew Erik Cock-Johnsen – fourth and fifth generation of the family – took over business responsibility for the company in Berlin and for its branches as shareholder. Since 2016, Erik Cock-Johnsen and Dr. Helmut Hertling are also the Managing Directors of the company.
With over 100 employees, more than 70 vehicles and 400 containers, we are engaged in national and international removals and freight forwarding.
All our operations take place on company-owned property consisting of about 40,000 m2. We have around 15,000 m2 of secure storage available. This is equipped with containers, shelves and adjustable file shelving. Continuous training and quality assurance are guarantee for fastidious performance through our exceptional expertise. The list of References confirms this.